http://sunshine--days.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/craftsHTML Map

Thursday 26 April 2012

Magical mystery tour

So... my first ever blog post! Hi there if you're reading this :). 


The main aim of Sunshine Days is really just to give me somewhere to put my memories. I've always liked taking photos, mostly just because I love the feeling of looking at a photo and being transported back to that moment and reliving the smiles encapsulated in that little snapshot. Recently, I became the proud owner of a Digital SLR camera and have become a (quite irritating) amateur photographer, pointing my lens at anything that will stay still long enough! I thought I'd start a bit of a blog as a space to keep photos, thoughts and anything else that happens to make me happy.

Rambling introductions over now, I promise!

Over the Easter break I went back home for a few days. For the past three and a half years I've lived in Leeds and can honestly say that I love everything about the city. But, at heart, I'm always going to be an 'almost scouser' having grown up on the Wirral (the so called "posh" side of Merseyside). Liverpool has become such a fantastic city since it was crowned Capital of Culture in 2008, coincidentally this was also the year I  left for Leeds, and it feels like it just gets better and better every time I go back there now. But Liverpool has always been steeped in culture, long before WAG culture, Liverpool One and those giant puppets came to town. The one thing everybody around the world thinks about if you mention Liverpool is The Beatles. Despite being a local, until my visit home two weeks ago, I'd never been to visit any Beatles sights aside from the Cavern Club. We embarked on a little magical mystery tour of our own and these are some of the things we found...

Strawberry fields forever.
 John Lennon's childhood home
Where little Paul McCartney lived (in the days before he became the self important man he is today...)
We all live on a Yellow Duckmarine, a yellow duckmarine, a yellow duckmarine.

Oh I do like being a tourist in my own city. I'm always on the lookout for new places to go, wherever they may be, so any suggestions are always welcome :). 

Thanks for reading my first post, byeee! xxx



6 comments:

  1. ah cute pictures, it looks lovely! :) x

    fashioninflux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post ! I also love being a tourist in my own city.. But Liverpool is a pretty awesome city to be a tourist in! Nice to have a break from where you live and coming back to it makes you appreciated the place even more..

    Also.. Haha @ the Paul comment!

    HELen

    pierrelecat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely of you, thanks (and nice one being my first follower... glad somebody enjoys my ramblings!). My sentiments exactly, I don't think I'd love Liverpool half as much if I still lived there, being an occasional visitor now just means I'll never tire of it!
      I've checked out your blog- must say your cat is incredibly cute!

      Delete