http://sunshine--days.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/craftsHTML Map

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Fred Astaire's the man for you


On Monday, I took my first trip to what could well be my new favourite place in the world ever. The Belgrave Music Hall opened its doors in Leeds earlier in the month and I'd been itching to take a visit to Leeds' newest gig venue ever since. Luckily for me, San Cisco were playing so I had the perfect excuse to pay the venue a little visit.

San Cisco were pretty decent and their set offered me lots of opportunities to boogie around to a bit of indie pop (something I'm not sure I'd ever be able to resist) and their summery vibes helped me forget the horrible wintery weather I'd left behind outside. Although it was a lot of fun, at times it was hard to forget that I was again experiencing the sinking feeling that I'd inadvertently landed at an under 18's disco. Getting old is tough sometimes and its only when you're surrounded by cool kids who would have only been about 10 when you were there age that you truly realise it. 

That said, I'm glad I'm that little bit older than all the posy kids we were surrounded by. It meant we could fully take advantage of the Belgrave's facilities, they've got a huge bar downstairs playing some awesome songs, complete with a canteen style fish and chips shop and pizza stall (I was eyeing up the pizza all evening... definitely going back for a slice soon) and possibly the best roof terrace known to man, even in the rain it was a great place to sit and take shelter in a cosy wooden shed. 

Leeds, you're doing brilliantly at the moment. I love this city and the ever increasing amount of brilliant places to visit.




2 comments:

  1. Was the girl even more beautiful than she looks in their videos? I fancy her almost as much as the dreamy tall dark one that always lurks in the back of the videos. (I have listened to Fred Astaire on repeat for the last month) I hope you had a great time!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the bar at Belgrave a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it! The pizza looked SO good!

    x xx

    ReplyDelete