http://sunshine--days.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/craftsHTML Map

Sunday 10 March 2013

But you know that we've changed so much since then




I thought it would be rude not to show you all my incredible birthday cake made by my lovely friend Charlie. It was such a lovely surprise and made a brilliant day even better. A MASSIVE thank you if you're reading this buddy! 

I had a lovely time celebrating getting another year older, although every time anybody asks "how does it feel to be 23 then?" I do keep having small heart attacks... WHEN DID I GET THIS OLD?! A jam packed day filled with lots of my friends did a great job at making me forget about the unfortunate fact that no matter how hard I try, I'm just not getting any younger. We spent the afternoon playing crazy golf and having a game of Laserquest surrounded by hoards of noisy seven year olds who share my birthday.  It was so much fun, our team got very competitive- especially when it came to trying to seek revenge on a bald middle aged man who had a particularly evil glint in his eyes every time he shot someone. 

In the evening, we grew up ever so slightly and went out for drinks and a bit of a boogie. I boogied so hard that I tripped over myself and landed on top of a table of empty drinks. The theme song to the night quickly turned into "I see you Kaz, shaking that ass, breaking that glass, shaking that ass". I'm glad my misfortune and general lack of coordination provided so much entertainment to my friends. We'll call it a special treat for them as thanks for joining me on my birthday.

 In my case, growing older really doesn't seem to have any link with maturing. And I fully intend to keep it that way for as long as I possibly can- life is far more fun that way.

Now, please excuse me while I spend the rest of my evening polishing off the remains of the cake and slobbing out on the sofa nursing my hangover. 




 



12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday lovely, that cake is gorgeous - how talented is your friend at cake making! Hope you've had a wondering celebration! Have a slice of cake for me :)

    Elizabeth Daisy x

    www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! the cake your friend make looks fab! don't go changin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday lovely! That cake looks amaaaaazing.

    Katie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, my fave song! <3 love a bit of Pulp. Your birthday sounds ace and that cake is immense. But excuse me- 23 isn't old!! It's my birthday soon and I'll be 26. That means LATE TWENTIES. Dear lord. Glad it was a good one!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure if my comment posted :/ Will start again!

    A happy belated birthday :) I wish I could be 23 again! I'll be 28 this year...OLD! I also go by your rule of refusing to growing up until I HAVE to [ie. when I have a mortage, get married and have kids].

    That cake is amazing! And it sounds like a lovely time was had, albeit you falling over but we have all been there! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like my kind of birthday party! I'm 23 too but often forget this and feel like I'm still a teenager (sometimes younger...). Fab cake you got too!

    Lauren x a

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww belated happy birthday love! That cake is amazing! I made one for my boy last year in the shape of a DeLorean, I am NEVER going to match that ever again ha! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gaaah i had no idea that it had been your birthday, happy happy belated lovely birthday. That looks like one fab cake mmmm! And i love the song choice, adooorrre Pulp. Great guns xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool cake!
    Happy belated birthday!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing cake!
    I'm turning 23 in a few months, freaking out a lil bit!

    http://liberatedbylkc.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete