http://sunshine--days.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/craftsHTML Map

Monday 3 June 2013

Smiles of the week: I'm a human elevator

Today, all of the teachers I work with were gushing about how good their week off over half term was. All well and good for them but I'm not lucky enough to get school holidays off like they do. Last week it was just little old me and my partner in crime who works with the younger kids in the hospital spending a week in our eerily quiet office. To make up for the lack of human contact, we turned to youtube and spent the week dancing around the office (which actually did wonders for our motivation... not sure how our co-workers would feel if we made this a daily occurrence  but quite frankly a daily boogie on the way to the wards would do us all the world of good!). 

Unconventional working weeks aside, I've had a very lazy relaxing week. For all you nosy people out there, here's a bit of what I've been enjoying over the last seven days.


My Mum's astounding technological abilities via Facetime. She was all set to write her iPad off as broken and send it back to the shop because the camera on the back of it wasn't working. After about five minutes of my Mum getting concerned about how it had broken my Dad pointed out that she had the cover over the camera. Whoops.

Taking every possible moment to sit out in the sun. I fully believe in making the most of the sun whilst we can... you can never guarantee how long its going to last for! Plus its a great opportunity to actually spend some quality time with a good book (or three) and my iPod.

Finally downloading the A Beautiful Mess app (about a month after the rest of the world) and spending hours prettying up all my photos.

Having a barbecue with my bestie and eating my own body weight in grilled aubergine and halloumi after already having eaten two burgers. 

Smelling somebody's takeaway pizza in the lift on my way home from work and deciding that we NEEDED to order pizza the next day. This was an exciting decision in Kazland. I can probably count the amount of takeaways I eat in a year on one hand.

Rewarding myself with an afternoon off work (see, my week at work really wasn't that traumatic...) and ending up at the opening of the new Joy in Leeds (which I whittered on about a few days ago here).

Sampling the delights of the Leeds Farmers Market in town on Sunday. Stall owners cower in fear when they see me approaching to eat my body weight in their samples of cheese/brownies/chocolate/olives.

What's made you smile this week?














4 comments:

  1. Haha, bless your Mum - that is really funny though, and the kinda thing my mum (and *cough* I *cough*) would do!
    Ahh I love the beautiful mess app - pretty addicted! Almost as addicted as I am to halloumi...
    The sun has made me smile this week, too :) And a good bout of holiday clothes shopping! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't the sun just make you happier and want to do more. Sounds like a great week

    Lauren
    livinginaboxx
    bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOK at that CAAAAKEEE!!! Mmmm! Love these little posts you do :) Hope you and your lovely face are fine and dandy miss xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAAAAKE!! Your week sounds really fun, I'm jealous! I definitely could count the number of takeaways I have in a year on one hand- I just don't eat them!! I definitely am making the most of the sun- I love being able to sit outside in my lunch break!! xx

    ReplyDelete