http://sunshine--days.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/craftsHTML Map

Monday 9 September 2013

It's three in the morning and I'm trying to change your mind

I think I deserve an award for managing to tear myself away from eating samples of homemade pop-tarts (made by Cupcake Cafe in Leeds) long enough to give my blog a little attention. This weekend has been a bit of a crazy one. Aside from acquiring lots of cake, pop tarts and moustache biscuits after Iron Cupcake Leeds and also having a baking disaster when I tried to enter the competition myself (I'm trying to erase that part of the weekend from my memory- it caused me far too much distress!) I've just been hanging with my friends which has been looovely. We had a house night out on Friday with a few friends to a Rock and Roll night in Leeds which was great fun and one of those nights where I spent half of the time stood at the DJ booth requesting songs (all of which actually got played so top marks to him for that... usually DJs just roll their eyes at me when I start dictating what they should play!). 

Speaking of music... the new Arctic Monkeys song has been played about 6000 times in our household this weekend and I've spent the last few days wandering about singing "why'd you only call me when you're high?". I realised today that although that may be appropriate behaviour in the comfort of my own home, it doesn't quite have the same effect when I sing it at work. Whoops.



dress: c/o Clothing at Tesco, jacket: Republic, shoes: Topshop, socks: Primark

Anyway, this is one of my new favourite items in my wardrobe. I've been trying on so many dresses lately and all to often find myself wishing that smocks didn't make me look like an 8 man tent. I've decided that sticking to ever so slightly baggy skater dresses is more my way of doing things.




8 comments:

  1. You look lovely Kaz! That dress is just so pretty! x


    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when DJ's actually play your requests! Love your dress, the print is gorgeous and the colour really suits you xx

    www.justlikeheavenblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's just beyond everything

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit, your socks are so cute x

    Sophiespaldin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress Kaz!

    Katie xx
    thestylinguist.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really suit the red! Love this little get up, it looks perfect xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that dress, it's gorgeous :)
    I also live in Leeds funnily enough!
    alicekatex ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww Kaz you look SO pretty! I love this red frock on you, and whodathunk it'd be from Tesco eh? <3 Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete