http://sunshine--days.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/craftsHTML Map

Sunday 29 December 2013

There's something inside you, its hard to explain

Christmas in our family is usually a fairly quiet one. We spend Christmas morning running around catching up with all of our extended family before we all separate off to our own houses for Christmas dinner; when I'm left with just my Mum and Dad for the rest of the day. I love our little family Christmas day- we play a lot of scrabble, eat far too much food and see who's first to fall asleep in front of the telly, but as soon as Christmas Day is out of the way we need a bit of something to escape the house (and keep us away from the Quality Street for a few hours). 

And so, yesterday we ended up at Chester Zoo. Its somewhere I go quite often when I'm at home as its only a few miles away, and I could never ever get bored of it. This time, the tiger cubs were the main attraction- we watched the two of them fighting over a bone and tricking each other into letting go of it... its great to see that family arguments come as standard at Christmas across the whole of the animal kingdom!




Believe it or not, this was one of the cubs... slightly bigger than your average kitten!



We had a great little time, and it was nice to get out of the house and have a bit of a wander about to clear the cobwebs before returning to our scrabble board and tins of chocolate in the evening. Tis the season and all that!







5 comments:

  1. I love the zoo!! So jealous of your trip, it sounds like a brilliant way to spend your day! Your Christmas sounds lovely too- a really good mix of the mental-family-ness, and calm with the ones you love best!! xx
    The Cup and Saucer

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tiger cub is gorgeous - we're members of our local zoo although we don't get there as often as we would like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh these photos are lush! I've only ever been to a zoo when I was a kid so I don't really remember much of it! Also I am OBSESSED with London Grammar's cover of Nightcall... NEED Spotify to add it!!

    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you had a lovely time, great photos too :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw looks like a lovely day! Tigers are my fave, they're so beaut. I love going to the zoo, haven't been in ages though! xo

    ReplyDelete