http://sunshine--days.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/craftsHTML Map

Thursday 5 December 2013

Well I wish it could be Christmas everyday

After a busy day of Christmas shopping in York last Saturday, I wanted something a little calmer on Sunday. It was the first time my housemate and I had been around on a Sunday together and not been suffering from dramatic hangovers so we decided to take a little trip out of Leeds to Harrogate. One of the families I work with suggested a visit to Harrogate as last weekend was the Christmas Market, I'm so glad I listened to them as it was the perfect way to spend December 1st!

The market was huge and there was tonnes of food on offer (and oodles of cheese to sample... always a bonus as far as I'm concerned!). Plus, there were some reindeer outside Santa's grotto, you can't get more festive than that!

Although there were a lot of people around, it didn't feel hectic or busy like most places do around this time of year, and even better, the town centre itself was blissfully calm (I've never seen a Primark like it- there were only two tills open on the womenswear floor and there still wasn't a queue... I know where I'm heading for my Primark sprees from now on!). 








7 comments:

  1. I love the festive markets, really make it feel like Christmas
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this looks lovely! I really want to go to a Christmas market. I love feeling festive! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful time! The gingerbread house in the first picture is just beyond cute! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Gingerbread house looks so nice, I really want to build one this year! xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so festive and lovely. I love shopping when it's not so busy, especially in Primark :)
    N xo

    ReplyDelete