http://sunshine--days.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/craftsHTML Map

Saturday 8 December 2012

And everyone is singing, I hear those sleigh bells ringing

Last weekend was a very Christmassy one. York on the Saturday as you already know, then off to Manchester on the Sunday to see two of my old friends from school. I love Manchester so much, its somewhere that I used to go quite a lot in sixth form back in the days when Liverpool still wasn't very exciting for shopping, then when I moved to Leeds it was still a pretty convenient distance away for day trips shopping (one of my friends and I were very good at going there just before exams and pretending we lived a blissful English Language free existence). 

Anyway, the main point of our little trip was to exchange Christmas presents and wander round the INCREDIBLE Christmas Markets. However, a quick trip to TGI Friday turned into waiting for over an hour for food then ending up having to force free dessert down after a goodwill gesture from the manager because the waiter forgetting to put our food order through, so there wasn't too much time left for festivities. After wolfing down a starter, huge burger and the world's biggest waffle at lunchtime it left me too full to even think about eating any yummy market food. Wahhh. I'm off to the Leeds German Market this evening though so I'll make up for it there I'm sure. It may be small in comparison to Manchester's endless market stalls but you can still get a decent crepe and mulled wine... what more could a girl need?!








6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, everything looks AMAZING! So christmassy and perfect, the first picture of the ginger bread house is just awesome! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to a Christmas market! I love this time of year so much and I know it would get me in the mood even more. Plus I haven't tried mulled wine since I was little [I was curious, but I didn't like it..sure I would now!].
    That gingerbread house looks amazing! Have fun tonight lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is so pretty! Christmas time is definitely the best time of the year, without a doubt!

    www.elstylediaries.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww it looks a lot like the Brum one! :) Gorgeous! ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, we managed to take almost the exact same picture of the windmilly thing! I saw that giant gingerbread house too, I just wanted to crawl inside it and munch my way out!

    Frances XX http://kisskissdahling.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete